An abnormal curvature of the spine in both a coronal & sagittal plane.
Sign & Symtoms
- Abnormal hunch along with a presence of ‘S’ or ‘C’ like shape.
- Uneven shoulder blades.
- Uneven lengths of arms and legs.
- Presence of associated disorders like hypertension,neurological disorders.
- Back pain,Stiffness,Fatigue.
- Abnormal gait.
- Present from birth due to congenital abnormalities including Spina Bifida.
- Due to Abnormal Posture.
- Infections such as vertebral TB or general TB.
- When the extent of curvature is mild that is <30 of Scoliosis & <50-55 of Kyphosis and the underlying cause is bad posture.Then Physiotherapy becomes the first line of treatment.
- Exercises that increase spine strength and flexibility.
- Exercises meant to improve the spine’s range of motion and balance.
- Myofascial release [MFR]
- Trigger point therapy.
- Mobilization of the Vertebrae.
- Posture re-education.
- Stretching Exercises.
- Positioning to Patient.
- Pain Management [By different Modalities]
- complications for it
- Nerve damage
- Inability to heal
- excessive bleeding